American Truck Simulator Update 1.29 Open Beta
We are happy to announce that the 1.29 Update Open Beta for American Truck Simulator is out. Actually, the first build was released on Friday already, we have kind of soft-launched it before the weekend.
There are a lot of changes under the hood in this new game version, there may have been new instabilities introduced. So we thought that we should only expose a limited number of players to the very first iteration of the beta progress, see the reaction, and only then decide if we should start talking aloud about it. Well, the initial reaction was reasonably positive, so here we go!
Let's elaborate on what you can expect and enjoy in this game update...
- Map improvements (over 600 miles of new roads) - look for US-101 (CA), I-15, US-93 (AZ), CA 190 and few more.
- Complete overhaul of navigation algorithms (direction aware, multiple modes)
- Environmental lighting rebalance
- Two new trailers (food tank and mobile barrier)
- New road signs (like sign historic Route 66)
- Time zones support (will be handy in the future!)
- 4 roads connecting the future expansion to New Mexico
- reworked/new police cars (including strobe lights)
- Basic engine and transmission info in quick job truck tooltip.
- Trailers with state-specific legal restrictions are towed only to services in given states.
- AI traffic improvements
- Many many hundreds of small map bug fixes - visual glitches, and speed limits
- New interactive tool for environmental lighting and weather setting (included in the editor).
- New interactive tool for traffic behavior and rules debugging (included in the editor).
- New scene preview tool (included in the editor).
- New navigation parameters in map data.
- Assistance service parameters in economy data.
- Truck scale weight cost in economic data.
Just as with the previous Open Beta releases - please keep in mind that this is still only a beta version of the update! You may experience instability and/or bugs and kinks. It’s completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you are interested in providing feedback at this stage, be sure to let us know about your findings on our forum; you can join the general discussion here, and report any bugs here. We appreciate all your feedback.
20 March 2016American Truck Simulator 1.2 Open Beta
The open beta of the ETS2 update has been live for two days. We want to thank all of you who’ve already participated and given us feedback! It means it’s high time for the ATS beta! Update 1.2 for American Truck Simulator is entering Open Beta on Steam today. We’re working...
13 December 2018Download Update 1.33 for American Truck Simulator
We are happy to release American Truck Simulator Update 1.33 out of open beta! Thanks to everyone who helped us verify the stability of the new features. We kept testing the ATS update a bit longer to make sure that there were no surprises with the new detours feature, and...
14 July 2020American Truck Simulator Update 1.38 Official Released
We present the American Truck Simulator Update 1.38 Official Released for ATS players with various changes and improvements. With Idaho's release just around the corner and with lots of testing, feedback, fixing and fine-tuning, we are excited to announce the arrival of update...
22 June 2020American Truck Simulator Update 1.38 Open Beta Released
American Truck Simulator Update 1.38 Open Beta is here for ATS players. Not much time has passed since the last update of American Truck Simulator, and here we are again, excited to offer the community a glimpse of the upcoming version 1.38 improvements, fixes, and new...