American Truck Simulator 1.30 Update
In the frenzy of releases at the end of last year, we have not managed to sync the codebases of American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 to the same revision. With multiple builds of games and DLC to pass through QA, we did not have enough testing capacity to dedicate to this update. The 1.29 revision was solid and working, and we didn't want to risk releasing a new build just a day or two before starting our whole-company vacation, only to find out that a hotfix is needed immediately. It was deemed safer to live with known little glitches for a few weeks rather than to risk introducing an unknown game-breaking bug.
This maintenance release mostly brings some bug fixes and safety measures for mods.
Your game on Steam should update automatically, unless you have opted out from auto updates, or unless you prefer to stay with a particular branch to preserve older mod compatibility.
- Code support for multi-torque engines
- Fixed generation of terrain when it is connected to terrain in unloaded sector
- AI will not use blinkers when canceling a lane change while it is in progress
- Fixed sleeping area triggers not being visible in UI map after initial game load
- Improved calculation of trailer weight distribution when lifting trailer axles
- Various editor fixes and improvements (stamps in content browser, support hiding of instanced geometry, collections, item performance info, searching, traffic tool)
- Cleanup of OpenGL support
- Fixed light sources in multi-time HQ screenshots
- Prevented crash if road is using a stamp whose material is missing
- Prevented crash when creating new board template in mod
- Updated localization
12 April 2016Parallel Game Update
25 February 2016Steam Workshop support coming!
18 August 2017ATS Update 1.28 was released
We want to thank everyone who participated in the open betas for their feedback. We are truly grateful for your time and dedication. After several weeks of thorough testing and bug fixing, the open beta is finally over today, and we are here to release live 1.28 update for...
20 March 2016American Truck Simulator 1.2 Open Beta
The open beta of the ETS2 update has been live for two days. We want to thank all of you who’ve already participated and given us feedback! It means it’s high time for the ATS beta! Update 1.2 for American Truck Simulator is entering Open Beta on Steam today. We’re working...
24 December 2020Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from SCS Software
Our dearest #BestCommunityEver, The festive end of the year is fast approaching, and the team at SCS Software is taking a bit of time off to enjoy the holidays and to recharge our batteries. We will slow down the pace of news updates and social media posts over the next couple...