B73FLY's Enhanced Driving Experience US
This is a little mod package that I made in order to make the driving experience AND the in-game experience a little more "realistic". It contains several modifications to definitions and sounds. It is essentially the same mod package as published in Euro Truck Simulator 2, but specifically for American Truck Simulator.
- Release version 1.0
Here is an outline of what has changed:
- All trucks have an interior Field of View (FoV) of 70.
- All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic top speeds.
- Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
- Top speed for all trucks is 65 MPH.
- Top speed for all buses is 70 MPH.
- Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings.
- Green light interval is 20 seconds.
- Amber (yellow) light interval is 4 seconds.
- 2-second delay interval between signals.
- Because almost every truck has their unique sound, I feel that the current AI truck sounds are outdated. I changed them to have a little more authenticity. The sounds are still randomized for every AI truck (along with the buses), but this may change in the future...hopefully.
- Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed...even though 95% of the time the AI doesn't sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
- Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
- Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
- Feel Thor's power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods.
I hope you all have a better driving experience with my mod pack. Have a safe drive! Feedback is always welcome.
Download B73FLY's Enhanced Driving Experience US #2