ATS Update 1.28 was released
We want to thank everyone who participated in the open betas for their feedback. We are truly grateful for your time and dedication.
After several weeks of thorough testing and bug fixing, the open beta is finally over today, and we are here to release live 1.28 update for everyone. Thank you for your patience, we hope that you will enjoy this update as much as the previous ones.
Here is the list of major changes and added features in this update:
We introduced doubles in this update into Euro Truck Simulator 2 across Scandinavia where they are allowed and doubles into American Truck Simulator with the addition of triples and Rocky Mountain doubles in the state of Nevada where they are legal.
- Background screen options
This feature, admittedly mostly cosmetic, is a neat break of monotony when coming back to the game's main menu. As the options for alternate background scenes will grow over time, there will be more choice for you to picking a unique atmosphere that matches your style.
- Changed light look on the player and AI vehicles
Light flares are a great change that sharpened the game's look quite a bit, as such, they have earned their own dedicated blog post.
- DAF XF 2017 Facelift
We have added facelifted version of DAF XF Euro 6 as a free update for everyone!
- Auxiliary brakes system support (engine brake and retarder in one control element)
- Fixed licence plate change in states/countries where no city formats exist
- Fixed brake vs parking brake behavior
- Fixed tire noise of silent tires
- Retarder improvement (better cruise control behavior, no braking with throttle, icon when moving only)
- Steam Inventory support to allow for distributing rewards from upcoming World of Trucks events
- Added three more steering wheel designs into Steering Creations DLC
Your games will be automatically updated on Steam (make sure to opt OUT of beta branches now!). For the legacy non-Steam edition of ETS2, an update should be ready in a few days. Enjoy!
Gameplay video with ATS Beta 1.28 (Doubles & Triples, Better flares, Background screen options) for American Truck Simulator game. MAIN FEATURES Doubles (and more) Background screen options Better flares on the player and AI vehicles MINOR CHANGES Auxiliary brakes ...
Open Beta test for the latest update of American Truck Simulator is here! (Euro Truck Simulator 2 may still need a few more days, as we are fighting with a small but particularly hard to catch bug there.) You may wonder about the game version number suddenly jumping to ...
The open beta of the ETS2 update has been live for two days. We want to thank all of you who’ve already participated and given us feedback! It means it’s high time for the ATS beta! Update 1.2 for American Truck Simulator is entering Open Beta on Steam today. We’re working ...