Official update 1.4 for American Truck Simulator was released via Steam
We are happy to announce that the final version of the 1.4 update for American Truck Simulator and 1.25 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 are now available via Steam. Big thanks to all of you who have contributed with your feedback and bug reports during the Open Beta period!
Let's recap the key features included with these updates:
- [ETS2 only] Completely revamped DAF XF - we've reworked the old model and improved the it in many areas, increased the detail of textures, and remodeled quite a few of the parts.
- Trailer selection - When you pick up a new job the game will now give you a chance to change the trailer look (or the trailer itself) if it finds that there are alternate trailer styles or textures available for the given cargo. Even better, it works with modded trailers as well.
- Custom steering wheel position -You'll be allowed to adjust the tilt of the steering wheel column or telescope it so you can create your perfect driving position.
Here's a log of the additional fixes and improvements that went into this update:
- Cruise control is not disabled by the throttle anymore.
- Interior camera zoom - You can bind the key for zoom in Options → Key and buttons → Camera controls → Zoom interior camera.
- Option to set preferred job length generation in options.
- Option to set split shifting input.
- More unit display options (volume, consumption).
- Steering wheels are now a separate model with a default and exclusive version for each truck
- Steering knobs - six different steering knobs in each game; you are able to install them at four possible locations on a steering wheel.
- [ATS only] Customizable cabin lights and horns on all trucks.
- Low air warning sound added.
- Separated map_data.sii from game_data.sii
- Look_presets_defaults in interior camera
- Change trailer looks to paint jobs.
Please also check out our modding wiki to get the best advice for modding either game.